My toolkit, gear & tools that I use every day in my projects & life
- Emojis everywhere
- Immutable data everywhere
Development tools (IDE, Terminal, …)
- 💻 VS Code for everything. Unbeatable speed & dev bliss.
- ⚡️ Hyper as my only terminal, with some plugins.
- 💲 Bash shell (custom dotfile config)
- 📑 Used to use Dash, but recently replaced it with DevDocs which I like more.
- 🐳 Docker (for Mac & Kitematic) for most of the things I actually want to deploy or need in the background.
- 🐙 GIT IN THE SHELL LIKE A HARDCORE DEV.
- 😴 Insomnia for network requests, though I'm really trying to transition to Paw once I find the money for it
- 🍻 Homebrew which offers everything. I'll always check homebrew-cask first before downloading an app through its website. The modularity and ease-of-use makes it so awesome.
- ⚛️ Reactotron (sometimes) when I need to dig deep in Redux state or manage complex React applications.
- 🐙 I lied a bit before and sometimes use Fork when I need to do complex Git mumbo jumbo or need a project overview.
- 🔑 1Password, which I love to death. Seriously this app, wow, amazing
- 📒 OneNote to store every reference to an article about dev, tech, world, news & recipes. The syncing engine and mobile apps suck though.
- 📨 Airmail because I like the custom options of tags and visual language they use
- 📋 Paste, an awesome clipboard manager whice makes it really really easy to sync clips between work & home and organise snippets.
- 🎩 Alfred. Trackpads and mouses are for noobs. I'm a workflow wonderchild.
- ✅ Things. Mainly on the iPhone and the mail option/Reminders.app option for desktop since the price is a bit too steep. But this truly is the only task manager which actually helps me get things done.
- 🚀 Rocket for easy and quick typing of emojis.
- 👓 Spectacle with center, full screen and next display as the only shortcuts.
- 📅 Google Calendar as the service & app on the iPhone. Stock macOS calendar at work and home, but I really want Fantastical but why is it so expensive…
- 🗒️ Notion as my all-in-one tool for issue tracking, documentation, planning, checklists. This app will blow you away.
- 🖍 Sip for easy color picking and pallettes.
- 📸 Sometimes I'll shell out my Nikon D51000. Most of the time it'll be my iPhone 8 though. When I do, I'll use Lightroom for editing.
- 🤳🏻 iPhone 8 loaded with Halide (BUY THIS!), VSCO, Darkroom & Google Photos. Killer combo.
- 💎 Sketch mostly, like the rest of the REAL designers, but these days I tend to use Figma more since it's free and runs everywhere.
- 🖥 HP Pavilion 23xi which is a bit outdated (though Full HD and IPS) but looks really nice design-wise
- 🖱 Apple Magic Trackpad which I got for €30!
- 🍃 Plethora of plants
- 🍒 Raspberry Pi's for as much stuff as I can. Mostly automated or always on applications.
- 🕯 Scented candles.
At work specifics
- 🖱 Logitech MX Master. Best mouse in town.
- 🖥 Dell U2417H Ultrasharp monitor.
- 🐙 Combo of git in the shell & VS Code Git integration
- 🎒 The amazing & stylish Pinqponq Cubik Medium backpack
- 🍵 Lots and lots and lots of cups of tea. Mate, Chai and then some.
- 🥤 Club mate as my caffeine boost & most cherised soda.
- 🔊 Libratone Loop as the wireless speaker for my desk. Exquiste design & sound, one of my favorite brands.
- 🎧 AIAIAI TMA-2, which is probably the best mid-range headphone ever. Current preset: S03-H05-E02-C01 (+ E05 and H03 as spare parts).
- 🎵 iTunes Match. Yes, I'm one of the only people who actually likes iTunes and utilises it 'till my fingers bleed.
- 🎛 Pioneer DJM-750 MK2 4 channel digital mixer.
- 🔈 2x KRK-RP6. These things are total vicious beasts.
- 💿 2x Pioneer PLX-500 with Ortofon Concorde MK2 Mix
- ⏺ The Pioneer DJM-REC app which just works with my mixer. For editing and recording records I mostly use Audition since it is A MONSTER.
Wow, how do I even start? I switch stuff from time to time but things I use a lot: ES6, React, React Native, Redux, Mobx, ES6, Flowtype, Docker, Bash, Python, YAML, JSON, CSSNext, Contentful, Heroku, Nginx, Debian, balena, Netlify, TypeScript
You know what, rather just look at my Github